Shaun's Isometric Game Example
A downloadable GameMaker Project
This project template allows you to render a regular 2d tilemap as an isometric game world. Including the scripts to convert from a tile position to an isometric render position, and vice versa. Allowing one to easily build isometric games in GameMaker Studio 2.
Includes one object and five scripts:
- oRender - builds the tilemap and controls rendering of the game
- TileToScreenX - convert a tile x/y to an isometric screen x position
- TileToScreenY - convert a tile x/y to an isometric screen y position
- ScreenToTileX - convert an isometric x/y position to a tile x.
- ScreenToTileY - convert an isometric x/y position to a tile x.
- macros - script for defining map, screen and tile width & height.
This project also allows you to control the "z height" of each tile and is very easy to expand.
In order to download this GameMaker Project you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $5 USD. You will get access to the following files:
IsometricFull.yyz 26 kB
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
hey this is a really sweet project. Do you have any notes or a video on it i can watch so I can learn how it works? i would like to learn how to do more isometric stuff and this seemed really awesome. Or if you can update the file with a note file or something that would be awsome!
This is insanely late, but for anyone else wondering this project is based wholly on a two part tutorial I made on YouTube here:
Cool asset! It's really pleasing. :)